5 days Annapurna Trek including Ghorepani Poon hill is one of the most romantic and short treks in the Annapurna region of Nepal. For those who want a short and easy romantic trek in Nepal, the 5 Days Annapurna trek is suitable. Anyone who is interested to walk can easily complete the Ghorepani Poon Hill loop trek. 5 days Annapurna trek is naturally and culturally attractive. The route of this trek goes through the beautiful rhododendron forest and attractive landscapes which will please your eyes and take your heart. Poonhill is the highest point of this trek from there you will get the stunning glimpse of the several beautiful mountains such as Dhaulagiri (8167m.), Annapurna I (8091m.), Machhapuchhare (6998m.), Nilgiri (7041m.), Annapurna South (7219m.), Annapurna II (7939m.), Annapurna III (7555m.), Annapurna IV (7525m.), Lamjung Himal (6988m.), Hiunchuli (6441m.) and Tukuche peak (6920m.).
Moreover, from Poonhill you will get the romantic sunrise and sunset views. While walking through the beautiful Rhododendron forest you will get the opportunity to see different species of birds and animals. Besides this natural attraction, this trek is also culturally important because the trekking route passes the several villages of diverse ethnic people such as Gurung, Magar, and Chhetri where you can know different culture and festivals related to diverse ethnic people.
This scenic and cultural trek starts from Nayapul and reaches to Poon hill through the Tikhedunga and Ghorepani. Ghorepani is typical Gurung village where you can see stone roof houses with Gurung cultural decoration. Moreover, in this village, you will see the typical Gurung customs, uniform, song and dances. From Ghorepani, you will reach to Poon hill and get romantic views of sunrise and sunset and the stunning glimpse of the beautiful peaks mention above.
5 Days Annapurna Trek – diverse short trek
From Poonhill you will reach to Ghandruk via Tadapani. Ghandruk is also most famous Gurung village very rich for its typical culture and festivals. Evening time is rejoicing due to the Gurung cultural program. Besides the rich Gurung culture, Ghandruk is also famous for its natural beauty and mountains. After enjoying in Ghandruk you will finally descend to Nayapul and come to Pokhara by bus.
Trekking to Everest offers short, easy and romantic Ghorepani Poon hill trek in Nepal. We designed Ghorepani Poon hill trek itinerary by including a general route and minimum required days. If you want long trek in other popular areas of the Annapurna region we will redesign its itinerary. We will redesign as per your request in 5 days, 4 days, and 10 days. During the Ghorepani Poonhill trek, Trekking to Everest provides cultural experienced Trekking guides, good accommodation, and foods.
Day 01: drive to Nayapul and trek to Tirkhe Dhunga
Day 02: Trek to Ghorepani
Day 03: Visit to Poon Hill and then trek to Tadapani
Day 04: Trek to Ghandruk
Day 05: Trek to Nayapul and drive back to Pokhara
- Pokhara to Nayapul to Pokhara by private car/van/bus pepend on group sizes
- All meals (Breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during 5 days Annapurna Trek with 4 night Hotel Accommodation.
- Government licensed holder, fluent English Speaking, Annapurna Familiar Himalaya view Treks guide, 1 assistant guide if Group sizes is more than 10 trekkers) one guide lead up to 10 trekkers.
- Strong local Porters for Carry trekker’s luggage. One porter every 2 trekkers, Porter carry maximum 20 Kg. 10 Kg per trekkers.
- Cost Includes Guides and porters meals, accommodation, Salary, insurance, transportation, and needed equipment for the Trekking
- Water purification drop or tablets for safe drinking water.
- ACAP permit fee and TIMS card permit
- Seasonal fresh fruits after Dinner
- Local government, taxes, including official Service Charge.
- Himalaya View treks T-shirt as a Souvenirs, and duffle bag if needed.
- Hotel accommodation In Kathmandu.
- Meals in Kathmandu, before Trek as well after the Trek.
- Personal expense (shopping, snacks, boil bottle water, hot (tea, coffee) and cold drinks, hot shower, alcohol, Wi-Fi, telephone call, battery charge fee during the Annapurna Trek)
- Personal clothing and trekking gear
- Personal travel insurance including evacuation coverage (compulsory) up to 6000m)
- Additional costs if delays flights and outside the itinerary
- All the costs and expenses which are not mentioned in includes list.
- Tips for guide and porters. in end of the treks
The distance between base camp and Pokhara is around 81.1 kilometers. It is the highest distance that you cover during the trek. There are many downhill, uphill, rugged trails and glacier walking. For any normal person, trekking that distance is not an easy activity. Long distance trekking can become tiring but end result is rewarding.
Altitude sickness is the biggest factor in this trip. The maximum height on this trip is 3210 m from sea level. Therefore, AMS can happen. However, it is not very serious altitude to get caught by the altitude sickness. Trip starts from Pokhara which is at 800 m. The change in altitude is the major cause of altitude sickness. Proper acclimatization is needed. Therefore, our itinerary focuses more on the client’s safety.
Weather & Climatic Conditions
Nepal’s mountain region has unpredictable weather and climatic conditions. Day temperature is normal but night hours are pretty freezing. Weather can change drastically in just an hour. Expect unexpected changes in climate and weather. However, the team will analyze the situation and only decide whether to push or not.
The best way to prepare for climbing is by doing cardiovascular workouts. These kinds of cardio exercises help to increase lung capacity. In order to climb the mountain, you need strong and healthy lungs.
Do some strength-building training like planks, push-ups, and squats. Cycling is also the best option to prepare your body for climbing. Always start these activities 4-5 months before traveling to Nepal for climbing.
Can I add Annapurna Base Camp too?
Yes, you can add Annapurna Base Camp in the itinerary but you have to omit the Poon Hill Section. If you add 2 more days then you can do the Annapurna Base Camp Trek too.
Do i need to take Travel Insurance?
Yes, it is mandatory to take the travel insurance for any kinds of trekking in Nepal. Make sure to get the insurance plan which covers helicopter rescue, medical aid and emergencies.
Is there risk of altitude sickness during 5 days Annapurna Trek?
No, there isn't high risk of altitude sickness in this trek. The highest destination on this trek is Poon Hill (3210 m). Normally altitude sickness occurs after 2600 m but it is not serious. Usually, altitude sickness occurs after 3600 m. Even if it is not risky altitude, you need to be careful and follow the instructions of the trekking guide.
What kind of accommodation and food do i get during the trek?
You will be getting the teahouse/lodge accommodation and food will be from the menu. You will get breakfast, lunch and dinner ordered from the menu.
How difficult is 5 days Annapurna Trek?
It is the most popular and easy trekking trail to trek in Nepal. Every age group of people can trek on this trail.