Christmas and New Year trek to Ghorepani Poon hill, a short and romantic trip in the Annapurna region of Nepal. This is an ideal trip for the New Year. It is one of the best short and romantic parts of Annapurna Region that we catered for people who are seeking an easy and beautiful part of Nepal trek during the New Year & Christmas holidays. A week-long trek around Ghorepani Poon Hill is naturally beautiful and culturally fascinating. The route of the trek passes through a beautiful rhododendron forest and picturesque landscapes that will delight your eyes and touch your heart.
Poonhill is the highest point of this trek from Poonhill you will get the stunning glimpse of the several beautiful mountains such as Dhaulagiri (8167m.), Annapurna I (8091m.), Machhapuchhare (6998m.), Nilgiri (7041m.), Annapurna south (7219m.), Annapurna II (7939m.), Annapurna III (7555m.), Annapurna IV (7525m.), Lamjung Himal (6988m.), Hiunchuli (6441m.) and Tukuche peak (6920m.).
You can also enjoy the romantic sunrise and sunset views from Poonhill. You will be able to see many different kinds of birds and animals while walking through the beautiful Rhododendron forest. The cultural significance of this trek is also significant because it passes through several villages of diverse ethnic groups, including Gurung, Magar, and Chhetri, where you can learn about their cultures and festivals.
Trip to Nepal During the Christmas: Best way to spend vacation
Through Tikhedunga and Ghorepani, this scenic and cultural trek leads to Poon hill from Nayapul. The village of Gorepani is a typical Poon Magar village, where you can see stone roofs and Magar cultural decorations. Furthermore, in this village you will see the typical magar customs, costumes, songs and dances. Visiting Poon hill from Ghorepani will give you romantic views of sunrise and sunset, as well as a glimpse of the peaks mentioned above.
You can reach Ghandruk via Tadapani from Poonhill. In addition to being the most famous Gurung village, Ghandruk is also famous for its culture and festivals. The Gurung way of singing and dancing festival is held every night in this village, so you can participate in it and enjoy it. Aside from its rich Gurung culture, Ghandruk is also famous for its natural beauty since it is surrounded by beautiful mountains. You will finally descend to Nayapul and come to Pokhara by bus after enjoying Ghandruk.
We offer short, easy and romantic Christmas & New Year Ghorepani Poon treks in Nepal. Contact us if you are traveling to Nepal during the holidays. By incorporating general route and minimum required days, we designed a Christmas & New Year trek itinerary. We will redesign its itinerary as per your request if you want to trek in other popular areas of the Annapurna region. We can do this by adding a 10th, 12th, or 14th day to your trek. Trekking to Everest provides culturally experienced Trekking guides, good lodging and healthy food during your Christmas holiday trek.
Dec: 28. Day 01: Arrival
Dec: 29. Day 02: Early morning drive to Pokhara
Dec 30. Day 03: Drive to Nayapul and trek to Tirkhe dhunga
Dec: 31. Day 04: Trek to Ghorepani
Jan: 1. Day 05: Visit to Poon Hill and trek to Tadapani
Jan: 2. Day 06: Trek to Ghandruk Phedi and drive back to Pokhara
Jan: 3. Day 07: Drive back to Kathmandu
Jan: 4. Day 08: Departure
- Airport to Hotel By private car/van/ bus depending on group size .
- 2 nights Hotel in Kathmandu with BB basis in 3 star categories.
- Kathmandu / Pokhara/ kathmandu by tourist bus.
- 2 Nights hotel in Pokhara with BB basis in 3 star categories.
- Pokhara bus station to hotel by taxi.
- Bus/van/car to pokhara / Nayapul / Pokhara depending on group sizes.
- Meals three times a day (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) with tea / coffee three times a day during a meal,
- Cozy Tea House Lodge accommodation on the way.
- One fluent English speaking, government registered, experienced, first aid trained guide, and assistance guide over 10 clients and required porters.
- ACAP and TIMS card.
- Guides / Porter's: food, lodge, bus transportation, salary, insurance, equipment etc.
- Hard and soft table drinks such as, coke, fanta, mineral water, hot shower, desert etc.
- Personal insurance.
- Rescue operation charge.
- International airfare
- Tip for your trekking staff