4600m. Gosainkunda Pass trek in 14 days includes Langtang valley and Helambu. It is in the northern part of Kathmandu. The journey starts from Syabrubesi via Lama Hotel, Langtang village, Kynjing Gumpa, Thulo Syabru. Finally, it passes through Lauribina towards Gosainkunda. Additionally, after the Langtang valley trek, we can rest for one day in Gosainkunda. Trekkers visit the surrounding Holy Lakes as many as possible.
Moreover, it is an acclimatization exercise. Acclimatization helps in the smooth crossing of Gosainkunda pass 4610 M. Finally, we will reach Ghopte easily after crossing Lauribina Pass.
Surrounding Gosaikunda lake there are 108 lakes. Those are all lakes named by gods. Like Shiva Kunda lake, Parbati Kunda lake, Bairav Kunda lake, Ganesh Kunda lake, Ram, Sita, Laxman, etc. Additionally, the valley offers Rhododendron forest, swift mountain streams, rugged rock and snow capped peaks, grassy downs, and meadows strewn with daisies and wild animals. A variety of sights including Buddhist monasteries, a cheese factory, yaks, glaciers and mountain lakes make this trek an exciting one.
Gosainkunda Pass Trek – mystical, mythical & serene
While, 14 days ( 4600m.) Gosainkunda Pass trek offers the experience of being in a typical Sherpa, Tamang village, and many ancient monasteries. It is a golden chance to learn about life in these villages. This Langtang valley of Gosaikunda Pass 14 Days trek offers superb views of the surrounding beautiful peaks. After enjoying in Gosainkunda holy lakes, you will return via the beautiful rhododendron forest, you will see naturally decorated landscapes and will encounter several rare and non-rare animals and birds. Moreover, during this journey, you will get a chance to know the unique culture and festivals of the Tamang and Sherpa people.
Trekking to Everest offers an adventurous and romantic Gosaikunda pass trek in Nepal. We designed the Gosainkunda Pass trek itinerary by including the general route and minimum required days. If you want a long trek in other popular areas of the Langtang region we will redesign its itinerary. During the Gosaikunda trek, Trekking to Everest provides excellent services.
Gosainkunda Pass Trek - 14 Days Itinerary
Day 01: Drive towards Dhunche
Day 02: Trek to Syabru Village
Day 03: Trek to Lama Hotel
Day 04: Trek to Langtang
Day 05: Trek to Kyanjine Gomba
Day 06: Day trip to langsisha kharka or tserku ri
Day 07: Trek to Barkhu Village
Day 08: Trek to Lauribinayak
Day 09: Trek to Gosaikunda
Day 10: Rest day, visit Holly Lakes, and explore the valley.
Day 11: Trek to Gopte via Gosainkunda Lauribina Pass
Day 12: Trek to Kutumsang
Day 13: Trek to Chisopani
Day 14: Trek to Sundarijal and drive to Kathmandu
- Kathmandu to Dunche and Sundarijal to Kathmandu by bus
- All meals (Breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during your Langtang Gosainkunda pass Trek with 13 nights Hotel Accommodation.
- Government licensed holder, fluent English Speaking, Langtang Familiar Himalaya view Treks guide, 1 assistant guide if Group sizes is more than 10 trekkers) one guide lead up to 10 trekkers.
- Strong local Porters for Carry trekker’s luggage One porter every 2 trekkers, Porter carry maximum 20 Kg. 10 Kg per trekkers.
- Cost Includes Guides and porters meals, accommodation, Salary, insurance, transportation, and needed equipment for the Trekking
- Water purification drop or tablets for safe drinking water
- Langtang national park permit fee and TIMS card permit, as well Shivapuri national park fee.
- Seasonal fresh fruits after Dinner
- Local government, taxes, including official Service Charge
- Himalaya View treks T-shirt as a Souvenirs, and duffle bag if needed.
- Hotel accommodation and meals In Kathmandu
- Personal expense (shopping, snacks, boil bottle water, hot (tea, coffee) and cold drinks, hot shower, alcohol, Wi-Fi, telephone call, battery charge fee during the trek)
- Personal clothing and trekking gear
- Personal travel insurance including evacuation coverage (compulsory) up to 6000m)
- Additional costs if delays flights and outside the itinerary
- All the costs and expenses which are not mentioned in includes list.
- Tips for guide and porters in end of the treks
Are You Already in Nepal?
If you are already here in Kathmandu or Pokhara and need a guide/porter or tour / trekking packages then you can visit our office Himalaya View Treks. Location:- Kaldhara Marg, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal. or chat via Whatsapp with Mr. Simbir at +9779841146306
It is mandatory to take the travel insurance for any kinds of trekking in Nepal. Make sure to get the insurance plan which covers helicopter rescue, medical aid and emergencies.
Weather & Climatic Conditions
Nepal’s mountain region has unpredictable weather and climatic conditions. Day temperature is normal but night hours are pretty freezing. Weather can change drastically in just an hour. Expect unexpected changes in climate and weather. However, the team will analyze the situation and only decide whether to push or not.
The best way to prepare for climbing is by doing cardiovascular workouts. These kinds of cardio exercises help to increase lung capacity. In order to climb the mountain, you need strong and healthy lungs.
Do some strength-building training like planks, push-ups, and squats. Cycling is also the best option to prepare your body for climbing. Always start these activities 4-5 months before traveling to Nepal for climbing.
Is it possible to trek solo in Gosainkunda Lauribina Pass Trek?
Yes, you can do solo trekking. However, trail is very confusing. There is frequent chance of landslide and distance between rest camps is far. Therefore, it is wise to do the trek with a trekking guide.
What about accommodation during the Trek?
Yes, there are many good lodges and eateries on the trail. People of Langtang restored the ruined trail due to earthquake back to normal again. You can stay in either teahouse or hotel. Food is from the menu. Normally, every lodges have similar menu ranging from Indian, Continental to local delicacies. In some places you might have to stay in locals' home but it will be also in homestay standard.
Can i do any kinds of volunteering works in the Tamang villages?
Yes, you can do some volunteering works in the Langtang Village. It is very short trek from Langtang to Kyanjin Gompa. Therefore, you can do 3-4 hours of volunteer works like attending the local school or monastery in the village.
Is there risk of landslide in the trail of Gosainkunda Lauribina pass Trek?
There is high risk of landslide on the trail. In some section of the trail, you will have to walk over the landslide. Be aware of the falling stones too.
Is it necessary to take Travel Insurance for Gaosainkunda lauribina pass trek?
Yes, It is mandatory for you to take the insurance. The trekking is in the high altitude and there is high chance that you might get AMS. Accidents may happen. Therefore, take the insurance which covers medical aid and emergency rescue as well.