7 Days Gosainkunda Lake Trek
The 7 days Gosainkunda Lake Trek offers a beautiful holly lake, a sacred lake for both the adherents of Hindu and Buddhist faiths, and is also known for its fantastic scenery. Ringed by high mountains on the northern and eastern sides, 4380 M. Gosainkunda Lake Trek offers a fascinating sight. In addition to its status as a place of religious importance, the Lake also offers a stiff challenge to trekkers. Surrounding Gosaikunda lake there are 108 lakes. Those are all lakes named by gods. Like Shiva Kunda Lake, Parbati Kunda Lake, Bairav Kunda Lake, Ganesh Kunda Lake, Ram, Sita, Laxman, etc.
The valley offers a Rhododendron forest, swift mountain streams, rugged rock, and snow-capped peaks. Additionally, grassy downs and meadows are strewn with daisies and wild animals. 7 days Gosainkunda Lake trek cost as per Group size. cost includes as per itinerary based. if you want to do a longer than 7 days trek then you can continue the 14 days Gosainkunda Lauribina pass trek.
Gosainkunda Lake Trek – Journey of the holy lake in Nepal
A variety of sights including Buddhist monasteries, a cheese factory, yaks, glaciers and mountain lakes make this trek an exciting one. Therefore, this Gosainkunda trek offers the experience of being in a typical Sherpa, Tamang village, and many ancient monasteries. It is a golden chance to learn about life in these villages. This Langtang valley of Gosaikunda trek offers superb views of the surrounding beautiful peaks. After enjoying in Gosainkunda trek, you will return via the beautiful rhododendron forest. You will see naturally decorated landscapes. Additionally, you will encounter several rare and non-rare animals and birds. Moreover, during this journey, you will get a chance to know the unique culture and festivals of the Tamang and Sherpa people.
Himalaya View Treks offers adventurous and romantic Gosaikunda Lake trek in Nepal. We designed the Gosainkunda trek itinerary by including the general route and minimum required days. If you want a long trek in other popular areas of the Langtang region we will redesign its itinerary as per your request. During the Gosaikunda trek, Trekking to Everest provides experienced Trekking guides, good accommodations and food, well-trained cooks, and luxury camps during campaigning stay.
Gosainkunda Lake Trek - 7 Days itinerary
Day 01: Drive to Dhunche by bus driving distance of 123km, 6/7 hours drive, overnight at Hotel
Day 02: Trek to Thulo Syabru Village walking distance of 7km, 5/6 hours, and stay overnight at Lodge
Day 03: Trek to Lauribina walking distance of 10.8km, 6/7 hours, stay overnight at Tea house
Day 04: Trek to Gosaikunda walking distance of 4km, 3/4 hours, overnight at guesthouse
Day 05: Trek down to Sing Gompa walking distance of 8.8 km, 5/6 hours, overnight at a tea house
Day 06: Trek down to Dhunche 7.1km, 5 hours, stay overnight at hotel.
Day 07: Drive back to Kathmandu driving distance 123km 6/7 hours,
- Kathmandu to Syabrubensi and Syabrubensi to kathmandu by Local jeep.
- All meals (Breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during your Langtang Valley Trek with 7 night Hotel Accommodation.
- Government licensed holder, fluent English Speaking, Langtang Familiar Himalaya view Treks guide, 1 assistant guide if Group sizes is more than 10 trekkers) one guide lead up to 10 trekkers.
- Strong local Porters for Carry trekker’s luggage. One porter every 2 trekkers, Porter carry maximum 20 Kg. 10 Kg per trekkers.
- Cost Includes Guides and porters meals, accommodation, Salary, insurance, transportation, and needed equipment for the Trekking
- Water purification drop or tablets for safe drinking water.
- ACAP permit fee and TIMS card permit
- Seasonal fresh fruits after Dinner
- Local government, taxes, including official Service Charge.
- Himalaya View treks T-shirt as a Souvenirs, and duffle bag if needed.
- Hotel accommodation In Kathmandu.
- Meals in Kathmandu, before Trek as well after the Trek.
- Personal expense (shopping, snacks, boil bottle water, hot (tea, coffee) and cold drinks, hot shower, alcohol, Wi-Fi, telephone call, battery charge fee during the Langtang valley Trek)
- Personal clothing and trekking gear
- Personal travel insurance including evacuation coverage (compulsory) up to 6000m)
- Additional costs if delays flights and outside the itinerary
- All the costs and expenses which are not mentioned in includes list.
- Tips for guide and porters. in end of the treks
If you are already here in Kathmandu or Pokhara and need a guide/porter or tour / trekking packages then you can visit our office Himalaya View Treks. Location:- Kaldhara Marg, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal. or chat via Whatsapp with Mr. Simbir at +9779841146306
Taking travel insurance for any kind of trekking in Nepal is mandatory. Make sure to get an insurance plan which covers helicopter rescue, medical aid, and emergencies.
Weather & Climatic Conditions
Nepal’s mountain region has unpredictable weather and climatic conditions. Day temperature is normal but night hours are pretty freezing. Weather can change drastically in just an hour. Expect unexpected changes in climate and weather. However, the team will analyze the situation and decide whether to push.
The best way to prepare for climbing is by doing cardiovascular workouts. These kinds of cardio exercises help to increase lung capacity. In order to climb the mountain, you need strong and healthy lungs.
Do some strength-building training like planks, push-ups, and squats. Cycling is also the best option to prepare your body for climbing. Always start these activities 4-5 months before traveling to Nepal for climbing.
Is it possible to trek solo in Gosainkunda Lake Trek?
Yes, you can do solo trekking. However, trail is very confusing. There is frequent chance of landslide and distance between rest camps is far. Therefore, it is wise to do the trek with a trekking guide.
What about accommodation during the Trek?
Yes, there are many good lodges and eateries on the trail. People of Langtang restored the ruined trail due to earthquake back to normal again. You can stay in either teahouse or hotel. Food is from the menu. Normally, every lodges have similar menu ranging from Indian, Continental to local delicacies. In some places you might have to stay in locals' home but it will be also in homestay standard.
Can i do any kinds of volunteering works in the Tamang villages?
Yes, you can do some volunteering works in the Langtang Village. It is very short trek from Langtang to Kyanjin Gompa. Therefore, you can do 3-4 hours of volunteer works like attending the local school or monastery in the village.
Is there risk of landslide in the trail of Gosainkunda Lake Trek?
There is high risk of landslide on the trail. In some section of the trail, you will have to walk over the landslide. Be aware of the falling stones too.
Is it necessary to take Travel Insurance for Gaosainkunda Lake trek?
Yes, It is mandatory for you to take the insurance. The trekking is in the high altitude and there is high chance that you might get AMS. Accidents may happen. Therefore, take the insurance which covers medical aid and emergency rescue as well.